African American history is American history. When we highlight the dangers of ignoring, minimizing or altering historical truths, we can better prepare people to become change agents in their communities. Friday Truehart Consultants teach clients how to present difficult history authentically and without evoking guilt or shame, demonstrating how historic preservation connects the past with the present, and why it is so important.
Services for School Districts and Educators
- We work with educators to present a customized version of our presentation, “A Proud Heritage, The African American Presence in the Sourland Mountain Region and Surrounding Area,” for elementary school students in grades 3 to 6 and grades 6 to 12.
- We are available to consult with educators on K-12 and post-secondary education curriculum development.
- We are happy to coordinate with educators on special projects that incorporate the research and collection of the Stoutsburg Sourland African American Museum.
Services for Community Groups
- We are available to present “A Proud Heritage, The African American Presence in the Sourland Mountain Region and Surrounding Area” to community groups, private organizations, historical societies, and libraries.
Services to Private Clients
- We also assist clients with personal research and genealogy projects.
We would like to assist you with your education, research, and genealogy needs. Please click here to contact us for a complimentary 15-minute consultation.